Friday, April 18, 2008


Well, today I get to mark off a big one off of my list of fun things to do before I die..."Be in an earthquake." That's right there was an earthquake and it shook Matthew and I awake. Sadly, we thought it was the wind even though it literally shook our apartment. It was approximately 5:37 A.M. today and we weren't sure what was going on but we awoke quite startled, visited the restroom and went back to sleep. There's been at least one aftershock but nothing major though the first one this morning registered as a 5.4 on the scale. So, very exciting, I know, but don't fret, the big news doesn't stop there....Sydney has two teeth. That's right. You heard it first here folks. Sydney has her two middle bottom teeth coming in and she has made it very clear that it is very painful. She is currently making it from one dose of Tylenol to the next and at the moment is sleeping soundly. (yay!) But we are very excited, we were beginning to worry that she'd have to gum everything forever. She currently enjoys crackers, french fries, macaroni, peas, green beans, rice, and long walks on the beach...what? Just kidding. No walking yet. Or crawling for that matter. She just lays there and cries wondering why I am such a cruel mother and have left her in the floor to fend for herself. Never fear though, big sister Kaylee is always near to stick the pacifier back in Syd's mouth. In fact, I get the feeling that Kaylee has a strong aversion to hearing Sydney cry, but who doesn't?
In other news, the weather has finally become beautiful and spring has sprung. We were able to get out this week and get Kaylee on her bike. We had to get her a new helmet though. Hers from last year was too small (she has so much to thank her daddy for!). At first, she didn't want the helmet on at all, but once we got it on her, we couldn't get it off. I mean, Kaylee wouldn't let us take it off. If she could have laid down with it on without breaking her neck, I think she'd have slept in it. Oh, and for all who were wondering, Kaylee doesn't so much as enjoy biking as she enjoys sitting on the bike with her feet on the pedals and allowing Matthew or myself to push without so much as moving a muscle herself! Clearly, she gets her work ethic from me and not her daddy! As most know, I've always been more of a lounger.
As for Matthew and I, we're good. He's four weeks away from finishing his third year of medical school and we are both thrilled and proud of this milestone. So much has happened from five years ago, when we were trying to plan our wedding. The time has gone much too quickly. But thanks to all of you who keep us in your prayers. Please keep specifically my granddaddy, Bobby Edwards, in your prayers as his transitions from the nursing home to home. Please also remember Matthew's grandpa, Don Arbaugh, as he is preparing for heart surgery hopefully within the next month. We have always coveted your prayers but more than ever, we appreciate them now.
Hope that all of you are doing well and enjoying the spring weather without any earthquakes! I'll do my best to post more often with pictures as much as possible. Have a great weekend! God bless!


Maggie said...

Haha so yeah I slept right through it all. I'm like earthquake? What earthquake. Sadly I'm the one who wakes up with someone honks their horn too loud outside at night! Go figure.

Maggie said...

Haha I'm excited to see what comes out of the "in your head plans". I'm excited!